Jump to Main Content
- Bennett, Michael T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 71-87
- birds; conservation areas; cost effectiveness; environmental management; farmers; farmers' attitudes; households; pesticides; rural communities; subsidies; vertebrate pests; wetlands; wintering grounds; China
- ... The JYNNR – a Ramsar Site, Biosphere Reserve and important wintering ground for 15–18% of the world's Red Crowned Cranes – faces major pressure from regional development. This paper uses choice experiments to assess farmer preferences for an “eco-compensation” program targeting pesticide use by rural communities in and near the Jiangsu-Yancheng Coastal Wetlands Rare Birds National Nature Reserve ( ...
- Bennett, Michael T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forests 2014 v.5 no.9 pp. 2345-2376
- afforestation; cropland; data collection; ecosystem services; forests; households; labor; land use change; monitoring; opportunity costs; regression analysis; surveys; survival rate; trees; China
- ... China’s Conversion of Cropland to Forests Program (CCFP) is the world’s largest afforestation-based Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) program, having retired and afforested over 24 million ha involving 32 million rural households. Prior research has primarily focused on the CCFP’s rural welfare impacts, with few studies on program-induced environmental improvements, particularly at the househo ...