Jump to Main Content
- Benoit, Pierrick, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 25-37
- Populus deltoides; aquaporins; climate change; drought; ecophysiology; embolism; enzymes; hydraulic conductivity; in situ hybridization; leaves; micro-computed tomography; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; stomatal conductance; trees; water content; water stress; xylem
- ... Leaf hydraulic conductance (Kleaf) and capacitance (Cleaf) are among the key parameters in plant-water regulation. Understanding the responses of these hydraulic traits to drought conditions remains a challenge for describing comprehensive plant-water relationships. The ability of an organism to resist and/or tolerate embolism events, which may occur at high negative pressure caused by hydric stre ...
- Benoit, Pierrick, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.1 pp. 30-44
- Populus nigra; biomass; climate change; drought; genotype; leaf water potential; leaves; perennials; phenotypic plasticity; stomatal conductance; stress response; water stress
- ... Climate change is expected to increase drought frequency and intensity which will threaten plant growth and survival. In such fluctuating environments, perennial plants respond with hydraulic and biomass adjustments, resulting in either tolerant or avoidant strategies. Plants' response to stress relies on their phenotypic plasticity. The goal of this study was to explore physiology of young Populu ...