Jump to Main Content
- Benson, William H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2016 v.35 no.10 pp. 2383-2391
- One Health initiative; business enterprises; chemistry; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; environmental health; environmental quality; human health; humans; leadership; people; plants (botany)
- ... One Health is a collaborative, transdisciplinary effort working locally, nationally, and globally to improve health for people, animals, plants, and the environment. The term is relatively new (from ∼2003), and it is increasingly common to see One Health included by name in interinstitutional research partnerships, conferences, communications, and organizational frameworks, particularly those cham ...
- Benson, William H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.23 pp. 9201-9208
- coasts; decision making; disasters; earthquakes; ecological resilience; ecosystem services; ecosystems; geophysics; habitats; rivers; tsunamis; urban development; vegetation; China; Japan; Papua New Guinea; United States
- ... Although the concept of ecosystem sustainability has a long-term focus, it is often viewed from a static system perspective. Because most ecosystems are dynamic, we explore sustainability assessments from three additional perspectives: resilient systems; systems where tipping points occur; and systems subject to episodic resetting. Whereas foundations of ecosystem resilience originated in ecology, ...
- PubMed Central: