Jump to Main Content
- Bermingham, S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Drying technology 2016 v.34 no.10 pp. 1243-1252
- atomization; fluid mechanics; image analysis; models; spray drying
- ... This article presents experimental and modeling work to complete previously reported work on spray drying. Back-calculated droplet sizes have been verified by measurements with a laser imaging rig. Flow patterns in a cylindrical spray chamber have been simulated by computational fluid dynamics and demonstrated that droplet residence times are much shorter than expected. A droplet tracking populati ...
- Bermingham, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Microbial ecology 2001 v.42 no.4 pp. 506-512
- Alnus glutinosa; Hyphomycetes; Neonectria ditissima; anamorphs; biomass production; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fungi; leaves; microbial growth; monoclonal antibodies; pathogens; roots; teleomorphs; trees
- ... : A genus-specific monoclonal antibody, NG-CF10, raised in a previous study to the fungal pathogen Nectria galligena, was found to recognize the aquatic hyphomycete Heliscus lugdunensis (anamorph) and its teleomorph Nectria lugdunensis. Using this MAb in a plate trapped antigen- ELISA we could detect and determine the biomass of Heliscus lugdunensis in mixed assemblages in both naturally occurring ...
- Bermingham, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- New phytologist 1996 v.132 no.4 pp. 593-601
- Deuteromycotina; aquatic fungi; age; temperature; metals; biomass; spatial distribution; colonizing ability; fluorescent antibody technique; mycelium; conidia; immunochemistry; leaves; fungal antigens; England