Jump to Main Content
- Bhagwat, A.M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 2015 v.104 pp. 46-52
- ammonium sulfate; antifungal properties; biodegradation; fungi; heat; molecular weight; pH; proteolysis; surveys; India
- ... The present study samples 19th century maps (belonging to India's Great Trigonometrical Survey) and daptars (official papers of Maratha history) to isolate the microflora and explore their interactions within that niche. Amongst the array of microbial isolates, the work successfully isolates a novel strain of Bacillus, producing a potent, low molecular weight, broad spectrum antagonistic protein f ...
- Bhagwat, A.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2012 v.95 no.7 pp. 3926-3937
- branched chain fatty acids; dairy cows; fatty acid composition; herds; lactation; linear models; metabolism; milk; monitoring; prediction; rumen; volatile fatty acids
- ... The volatile fatty acids (VFA) produced in the rumen and the proportions in which they are produced are important determinants of a ruminant's metabolism, but their monitoring requires rumen-fistulated animals, which is not feasible under practical conditions or in experimental setups at herd level. An alternative approach was suggested earlier, consisting of predicting the VFA proportions from me ...
- Bhagwat, A.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2011 v.166-167 pp. 596-602
- algorithms; branched chain fatty acids; correlation; dairy cows; data collection; emissions; fatty acid composition; feeds; foods; greenhouse gases; lactation; least squares; linear models; methane; methane production; milk; prediction; rumen; stoichiometry; variance; volatile fatty acids
- ... The purpose of this study was to explore the relationships between odd- and branched-chain fatty acids (OBCFA) in milk with calculated enteric CH₄ production for lactating dairy cows using multiple linear regression (MLR), partial least squares regression (PLS) and a genetic algorithm approach (GA). A dataset collected from 13 experiments containing 224 paired observations of measured acetate, pro ...