Jump to Main Content
- Bhakuni, S.S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geomorphology 2017 v.282 pp. 176-194
- alluvium; basins; geophysics; hazard characterization; landscapes; river valleys; rivers; rocks; streams; tectonics; terraces; Himalayan region; India
- ... Structural and morphotectonic signatures in conjunction with the geomorphic indices are synthesised to trace the role of transverse tectonic features in shaping the landforms developed along the frontal part of the eastern Arunachal sub-Himalaya. Mountain front sinuosity (Smf) index values close to one are indicative of the active nature of the mountain front all along the eastern Arunachal Himala ...
- Bhakuni, S.S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geomorphology 2011 v.127 no.1-2 pp. 14-31
- basins; case studies; drainage; earthquakes; models; rain; rivers; rocks; stream channels; tectonics; terraces; watersheds; Himalayan region; India
- ... The Sub-Himalaya, deformed between the Main Boundary Thrust and/or Bomdila Thrust towards north and the Himalayan Frontal Thrust (HFT) towards south, is characterized by the presence of fault-propagated folds and an imbricate thrust system. Along the HFT, the mountain front is offset for about 10km sinistrally along a NW–SE trending transverse fault, the Banderdewa Fault, which runs through the Di ...