Jump to Main Content
- Bhattarai, Nabin, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 750-761
- case studies; climate change; developing countries; emissions; forest management; forests; governance; issues and policy; management systems; prioritization; surveys; Bhutan; India; Myanmar; Nepal
- ... Community-based forest management systems (CBFMS) are becoming increasingly popular in developing countries where 31% of the total forest is either managed or owned by the community. This paper presents the results of a four-country study conducted in 2017 in Nepal, Bhutan, India and Myanmar concerning the governance quality of CBFMS. The introduction outlines the global threat to forests, the con ...
- Bhattarai, Nabin, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2015 v.106 pp. 196-203
- altitude; atmospheric chemistry; dry season; emissions; lakes; methane; monsoon season; plant communities; soil temperature; topographic slope; wetlands; Himalayan region; Nepal
- ... Natural wetlands constitute one of the major sources of methane emission to the atmosphere. Data on methane emission from wetlands on southern slopes of the Himalaya (SSH) have not been reported so far. Such data are very valuable for filling the gap and generating the whole emission patterns at regional or even global scale. We selected two wetlands at different altitudinal locations in Nepal, i. ...