Jump to Main Content
- Biernat, W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2016 v.14 no.3 pp. e70
- animal models; disease course; humans; immunohistochemistry; men; mice; nasal cavity; neoplasms; paranasal sinuses; phylogeny; smell; therapeutics; veterinary medicine
- ... Olfactory neuroblastoma (ONB) is a rare tumour of nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses that arises from the olfactory neuroepithelium and has unpredictable clinical course. As the sense of smell is phylogenetically one of the first senses and olfactory neuroepithelium is evolutionary conserved with striking similarities among different species, we performed an extensive analysis of the literature in ...
- Biernat, W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2015 v.176 pp. 413-423
- Chorthippus; allantoin; amino acids; analysis of variance; animal models; aqueous solutions; carbohydrates; dermis; drugs; ethanol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; grasshoppers; hydrocarbons; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; in vivo studies; inorganic acids; medicinal properties; mice; neutrophils; nucleosides; organic acids and salts; secretion; sterols; tissue repair; traditional medicine; Poland
- ... Grasshopper, belonging to Chorthippus sp., is a widespread insect inhabiting Polish territory. According to folk knowledge and folk tales, the grasshopper abdominal secretion was used by villagers of Central and South-West Poland as a natural drug accelerating the wound healing process.In the reported study the hypothesis about beneficial properties of grasshopper abdominal secretion on hard to he ...