Jump to Main Content
- ISMAIL, BIN S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Weed biology and management 2006 v.6 no.2 pp. 59-67
- Asystasia; Melastoma malabathricum; Ageratum conyzoides; Mimosa pudica; weed control; weed biology; plant growth; seedling emergence; Dicranopteris; chemical constituents of plants; phenolic compounds; dose response; allelopathy; bioassays; phytotoxicity; Echinochloa colona; Eleusine indica; Paspalum conjugatum; Dactyloctenium aegyptium; Chloris; plant density; Asystasia gangetica; Malaysia
- ... This study investigates the suspected allelopathic influence of Dicranopteris linearis on the densities of five Malaysian common broad-leaved weeds (Asystasia gangetica, Melastoma malabathricum, Ageratum conyzoides, Mimosa pudica, and Crassocephalum crepidioides) and on five Malaysian common grasses (Echinochloa colona, Eleusine indica, Paspalum conjugatum, Dactyloctenium aegyptium, and Chloris ba ...
- Bin, S., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2010 v.94 no.2 pp. 220-226
- amylopectin; amylose; blood; blood glucose; brown rice; colon; corn; diet; duodenum; fractional synthesis rate; glucose; glutinous rice; ileum; insulin; insulin resistance; jejunum; lactic acid; pancreas; piglets; resistant starch; splanchnic tissues; spleen; swine production
- ... Experiments were conducted to determine the effects of feeding different starch sources on piglets. Four diets were formulated with maize, brown rice, sticky rice and Hi-Maize 1043 as starch sources, with resistant starch (RS) contents of 2.3%, 0.9%, 0.0%, 20.6%, and amylose and amylopectin ratio of 0.23%, 0.21%, 0.18%, 0.06% respectively. Fifty-six pigs weaned at 28 days of age were randomly assi ...