Jump to Main Content
- Blain, Hubert, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.6 pp. 2652-2658
- body composition; body mass index; clinical nutrition; cohort studies; coronary disease; diabetes mellitus; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; elderly; hypertension; malnutrition; metabolism; mortality; prediction; weight loss; women
- ... The European Society of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN) has developed a consensus definition of malnutrition. This study aimed to determine the prevalence of malnutrition according to the ESPEN definition in otherwise healthy community-dwelling older women and to explore its value for predicting long-term mortality in this population.This prospective population-based cohort study include ...
- Blain, Hubert, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2014 v.100 no.5 pp. 1352-1360
- dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; hips; women; cohort studies; waist; risk factors; waist circumference; clinical nutrition; waist-to-hip ratio; death; body mass index; mortality; adiposity
- ... Background: The role of body composition as a risk factor for death remains controversial in older persons.Objective: We determined the role of body-composition variables in mortality in older women.Design: Longitudinal analyses were performed in a prospective cohort study of older women. Participants were 4574 community-dwelling women aged ≥75 y at the baseline visit (between January 1992 and Apr ...