Jump to Main Content
- Blasi, Michele, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2015 v.122 no.3 pp. 318-324
- alleles; animal breeding; codons; crossing; dairy sheep; flocks; genetic variation; genotype; risk; risk assessment; scrapie; sheep; sheep breeds; Italy
- ... Concerns regarding scrapie in sheep breeding have increased in the last few decades. The present study was carried out in dairy sheep breeds from southern Italy. In order to find breeding animals resistant to scrapie, the PrP genes of 1,205 animals from entire flocks of dairy native Apulian Leccese and Altamurana breeds, and Sicilian Comisana breed, were analysed for polymorphisms at codons 136, 1 ...
- Blasi, Michele, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2016 v.123 pp. 90-96
- biodiversity; cluster analysis; computer software; dairy breeds; dairy sheep; genetic background; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotyping; population structure; scrapie; sheep; Italy
- ... In the last few decades, there has been increased awareness of preservation and exploitation of endangered breeds for the maintenance of biodiversity, as well as the concern for diseases in sheep breeding.This study was carried out in native endangered Altamurana dairy sheep breed from Southern Italy. The Altamurana breed was considered as two populations (Alt-Cav and Alt-Cra-Zoe), based on presum ...