Jump to Main Content
- Blaylock, Michael J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.17 pp. 10050-10058
- Enterobacter; bacteria; chlorides; cost effectiveness; endophytes; field experimentation; food chain; groundwater; manufacturing; metabolism; phytoremediation; phytotoxicity; pollutants; rhizosphere; solvents; tissues; trees; trichloroethylene; vinyl chloride; volatilization; California
- ... Trichloroethylene (TCE) is a widespread environmental pollutant common in groundwater plumes associated with industrial manufacturing areas. We had previously isolated and characterized a natural bacterial endophyte, Enterobacter sp. strain PDN3, of poplar trees, that rapidly metabolizes TCE, releasing chloride ion. We now report findings from a successful three-year field trial of endophyte-assis ...
- Blaylock, Michael, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of phytoremediation 2010 v.12 no.1-4 pp. 121-132
- soil pollution; arsenic; pollution control; phytoremediation; hyperaccumulators; Pteris cretica; roots; nutrient uptake; quantitative analysis; chemical constituents of plants; poisonous plants; toxic substances; human health and safety; dose response; toxicity testing; risk assessment; children
- Blaylock, Michael J, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2011 v.4 no.1 pp. 77
- Acidothermus cellulolyticus; Nicotiana tabacum; Zea mays; biomass; cell walls; cellulose; corn; digestion; enzymes; glycosides; rendering; tobacco
- ... The glycoside hydrolase family 5 endocellulase, E1 (Cel5A), from Acidothermus cellulolyticus was transformed into both Nicotiana tabacum and Zea mays with expression targeted to the cell wall under a constitutive promoter. Here we explore the possibility that in planta expression of endocellulases will allow these enzymes to access their substrates during cell wall construction, rendering cellulos ...
- PubMed Central: