Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: blais?
- Blois, S.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 111-118
- aspirin; monitoring; adenosine diphosphate; dogs; cross-over studies; therapeutics; arachidonic acid; collagen; Beagle; counters; hematology; agonists
- ... BACKGROUND: Platelet function testing may be warranted to assess response to aspirin and clopidogrel. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the effects of aspirin, clopidogrel, or combination therapy using 3 platelet function tests: Multiplate Analyzer (MP), Platelet Function Analyzer‐200 (PFA), and Plateletworks (PW). ANIMALS: Six healthy laboratory Beagles. METHODS: Randomized double‐blind placebo‐ ...
- PubMed Central:
- Blois, S.L., et al. Show all 61 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2019 pp. 105350
- bilirubin; biomarkers; blood serum; death; diabetes mellitus; dogs; gall bladder; histopathology; hyperadrenocorticism; hyperlipidemia; hypothyroidism; jaundice; models; mortality; surgery; vomiting
- ... Gallbladder mucocele (GBM) is a common extra-hepatic biliary syndrome in dogs with death rates ranging from 7-45%. Therefore, the aim of this study was to identify the association of survival with variables that could be utilized to improve clinical decisions. A total of 1194 dogs with a gross and histopathological diagnosis of GBM were included from 41 veterinary referral hospitals in this retros ...
- Blois, S.L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- journal of small animal practice 2008 v.49 no.11 pp. 596-600
- insulin-like growth factor I; magnetic resonance imaging; pituitary gland; urine; neoplasms; cats; diabetes mellitus; blood glucose; surgery; insulin resistance; cat diseases; case studies; disease diagnosis
- ... A 10-year-old female spayed cat was diagnosed with acromegaly secondary to a pituitary tumour. At the time of diagnosis, the cat had insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus and its insulin-like growth factor-I levels were elevated. Clinical signs included polyuria, polydipsia and weight gain. Persistent hyperglycaemia and glucosuria were identified, and fructosamine levels remained elevated. Magnetic ...