Jump to Main Content
- Bluthenthal, Ricky, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2017 v.20 no.18 pp. 3285-3294
- National School Lunch Program; added sugars; adiposity; adolescents; childhood obesity; children; eating habits; females; foods; health effects assessments; meals (menu); nutrient intake; parenting; parents; waist circumference; California
- ... Research indicates that children are at higher risk for obesity if their parents have been exposed to a larger number of stressors, yet little is known about effects of parents’ subjective, perceived experience of stress on children’s eating behaviours and adiposity and whether weight-related parenting practices (i.e. parent rules and positive family meal practices) mediate this relationship. The ...
- Bluthenthal, Ricky N, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2016 v.19 no.12 pp. 2204-2212
- USDA; adults; at-risk population; chest; cities; cross-sectional studies; drugs; females; food security; males; pain; surveys; syringes; California
- ... We estimated the prevalence of food insecurity among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Los Angeles and San Francisco and explored correlates of food insecurity. A cross-sectional study that measured 30 d food insecurity using the US Adult Food Security Survey ten-item Module developed by the US Department of Agriculture. Food insecurity was defined as including low and very low food security. Two ...