Jump to Main Content
- Boatwright, J. Stephen, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Systematics and biodiversity 2019 v.17 no.2 pp. 110-123
- Conophytum; amplified fragment length polymorphism; genetic variation; habitats; islands; mining; phylogeography; population genetics; quartz; vegetation; South Africa
- ... The Bushmanland Inselberg Region (BIR) of South Africa provides an ideal system to study population interactions, as these inselbergs function as islands of Succulent Karoo surrounded by Nama Karoo vegetation. The population genetics of four Conophytum taxa endemic to the quartz-associated habitats of inselbergs in the BIR were investigated using amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP), nam ...
- Boatwright, J. Stephen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2017 v.189 no.10 pp. 512
- agricultural land; agroecosystems; biomass; climate change; dryland farming; edaphic factors; forage crops; forage quality; indigenous knowledge; legumes; models; niches; prioritization; rain; South Africa
- ... In the face of climate change, identification of forage species suitable for dryland farming under low rainfall conditions in South Africa is needed. Currently, there are only a limited number of forage species suitable for dryland farming under such conditions. The objective of this study was to identify and prioritise native legume species that could potentially be used in dryland farming system ...