Jump to Main Content
- Bohannon, Meredith E.B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.1 pp. 126-135
- Coturnix japonica; allantoic fluid; birds; carbon; cells; eggs; embryogenesis; fatty acids; injection site; models; nutrition; polychlorinated biphenyls; radiolabeling; radionuclides; toxic substances; xenobiotics
- ... The avian embryo is an excellent model for testing adverse developmental effects of environmental chemicals as well as uptake and movement of xenobiotics within the egg compartments. Before incubation at embryonic day 0, ¹⁴C 3,3′,4,4′‐tetrachlorobiphenyl (¹⁴C PCB 77) was injected into Japanese quail eggs either onto the air cell or into the albumen. All egg components were collected on embryonic d ...
- Bohannon, Meredith E.B., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.10 pp. 2513-2522
- adverse effects; chicken eggs; chickens; eggs; hatching; lethal dose 50; models; polychlorinated biphenyls; risk; Hudson River; New York
- ... Studies were conducted to develop methods to assess the effects of a complex mixture of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the domestic chicken (Gallus domesticus). Treatments were administered by egg injection to compare embryonic effects of an environmentally relevant PCB congener mixture in the domestic chicken over a range of doses. Chicken eggs were injected with the PCB mixture with a profi ...