Jump to Main Content
- Boisse, Julien, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.2 pp. 170-181
- X-radiation; deformation; digital images; microstructure; polyethylene; rheology
- ... To improve our understanding of the rheology of solid semi‐crystalline polymers, descriptions of the deformation‐induced microstructural reorganization mechanisms with precise and local quantitative data are needed. The novel results presented in this paper for high‐density polyethylene (HDPE) were obtained in situ on a coherent synchrotron beamline specifically developed to allow very fast scanni ...
- Boisse, Julien, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2015 v.53 no.20 pp. 1470-1480
- X-radiation; crystals; deformation; polyethylene
- ... This work is devoted to the study of the deformation mechanisms of a high‐density polyethylene deformed in tension. Specific treatments were applied to synchrotron wide‐angle X‐ray scattering patterns obtained in situ with the aim of quantifying: (i) the evolution of the apparent crystal sizes during the deformation process, (ii) the reorientation dynamics of the fragmented crystals while aligning ...