Jump to Main Content
- Bopp, Carlos, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.244 pp. 320-327
- annuals; composts; economic incentives; farmers; improved fallow; issues and policy; minimum tillage; models; motivation; risk; soil degradation; stubble; sustainable agriculture; Chile
- ... This paper examines the effectiveness of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations on the adoption intensity of sustainable agricultural practices (SAPs) among annual crop farmers in Chile. We use the farmers’ attitude towards SAPs as a proxy of intrinsic motivation, while extrinsic motivation is represented by an economic incentive to promote the use of SAPs. The policy program we studied is administer ...
- Bopp, Carlos, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water resources management 2016 v.30 no.14 pp. 5369-5383
- Internet; agricultural industry; capital; economic sectors; experts; farms; humans; innovation adoption; irrigation rates; models; vineyards; water resources; water use efficiency; Chile
- ... Water constraints are becoming a major restriction for different economic sectors. The agricultural sector is one of the most affected, but according to experts, the use of irrigation technologies and scheduling can keep productivity high while diminishing the use of water resources. Although irrigation technology is available, for various reasons the rate of adoption is rather low. This article u ...