Jump to Main Content
- Borgarello, Ana V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 9-15
- alpha-terpineol; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; distillation; essential oils; food industry; free radicals; monoterpenoids; oxidative stability; peroxide value; rosemary; sunflower oil
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the antioxidant activity of rosemary essential oil fractions obtained by molecular distillation (MD) and investigate their effect on the oxidative stability of sunflower oil. MD fractions were prepared in a series of low-pressure stages where rosemary essential oil was the first feed. Subsequently, a distillate (D1) and residue (R1) were obtained and the ...
- Borgarello, Ana V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food engineering 2013 v.9 no.2 pp. 147-153
- acetates; alpha-pinene; alpha-terpineol; antioxidant activity; camphor; chemotypes; cineole; distillates; distillation; essential oils; food industry; foods; free radical scavengers; linalool; myrcene; rosemary
- ... Rosemary essential oil is used in pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. Due to its constituents’ chemical activity, it is also used as antioxidant to preserve foods and as antibacterial and antifungal agents.The most abundant components of rosemary essential oil used in this work are α-pinene, myrcene, 1,8-cineole and camphor, which respond to 1,8-cineole chemotype. Two sets of molecular d ...