Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: bohan?
- Borhan, Md S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Canadian journal of animal science 2018 v.99 no.1 pp. 160-167
- Holstein; ad libitum feeding; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; ammonia; cannulas; carbon dioxide; corn; diet; enzyme activity; feed concentrates; gas production (biological); methane; methane production; oils; pH; rumen fermentation; rumen fluids; steers; trypsin; volatile fatty acids
- ... To determine the effects of grain type (rolled-corn vs. rolled-barley) and dried corn distillers’ grains with solubles (DDGS) oil concentration (low = 4.5% vs. moderate = 7.9%) on ruminal pH, ammonia (NH₃) and volatile fatty acid (VFA) concentrations, in vitro enteric methane (CH₄) and carbon dioxide (CO₂) production, and digestive enzyme activity, eight ruminally cannulated Holstein steers (715 ± ...
- Borhan, Md. S., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2017 v.228 pp. 132-139
- Holstein; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; ammonia; butyric acid; cannulas; corn; diet; environmental sustainability; enzyme activity; experimental design; fatty acid composition; headspace analysis; methane; methane production; nutrient content; pH; rumen fermentation; rumen fluids; starch; steers; trypsin; volatile fatty acids
- ... The objective was to determine the effects of degree of dry-rolled corn processing and dried distiller’s grains with solubles (DDGS) inclusion rate on ruminal pH, NH3 and volatile fatty acid (VFA) concentration, total in vitro gas and methane production, and enzyme activity in cattle fed high-concentrate diets. Eight ruminally cannulated Holstein steers (526±3.6kg) were randomly assigned to four d ...