Jump to Main Content
- Borthwick, Fiona, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 834-842
- farm management; farmers; farming systems; industry; information exchange; issues and policy; mechanization; sustainable agriculture; England; Wales
- ... As a response to the environmentally and socially destructive practices of post-war mechanization and intensification, the concept of sustainable agriculture has become prominent in research, policy, and practice. Sustainable agriculture aims to balance the economic, environmental, and social aspects of farming, creating a resilient farming system in the long-term. Over the last few decades, vario ...
- Borthwick, Fiona Ann, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2015 v.122 no.1-2 pp. 42-52
- animal diseases; animal health; attitudes and opinions; behavior change; biosecurity; cost effectiveness; funding; issues and policy; livestock; models; public sector; risk; risk management
- ... With an increasing burden on public sector budgets, increased responsibility and cost sharing mechanisms for animal diseases are being considered. To achieve this, fiscal and non-fiscal intervention policies need to be designed such that they consistently promote positive disease risk management practices by animal keepers. This paper presents a review of the available evidence towards whether and ...