Jump to Main Content
- Bos, Oscar, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of sea research 2019 v.144 pp. 85-94
- Cancer pagurus; Pholis; Portunidae; Sabellaria; biodiversity; continental shelf; crabs; habitats; issues and policy; reefs; sand; valleys; North Sea
- ... The tube-building polychaete Sabellaria spinulosa (Ross worm) can form conspicuous biogenic reefs that stabilize the seabed and increase biodiversity by providing a habitat for a multitude of other species. These reefs, however, are assumed to be vulnerable to human-induced physical disturbances of the seabed. In the Greater North Sea, S. spinulosa reefs are recognized to be under threat and worth ...
- Bos, Oscar G., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of sea research 2015 v.103 pp. 84-92
- Annelida; acoustics; biogeography; cameras; ecosystem engineers; gravel; habitats; image analysis; inventories; reefs; sand; species diversity; surveys; North Sea
- ... Reefs play an important role in the distribution of species associated with hard substrates and are of value for biodiversity conservation. High densities of the habitat building annelid Lanice conchilega also increase local biodiversity. This study describes the benthic biodiversity of a rocky reef and its surrounding sand bottom with dense L. conchilega beds in the Borkum Reef Grounds, north of ...
- Bos, Oscar G., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Marine biology 2016 v.163 no.8 pp. 172
- Rhizostoma octopus; coral polyps; genetic databases; haplotypes; mitochondria; population structure; ribosomal DNA; species diversity; Netherlands; North Sea; Sweden
- ... For many species of metagenic jellyfish the location of the benthic polyps is unknown. To gain insight in the distribution, species composition and population structure of scyphozoan jellyfish polyps in the southern North Sea area, polyp samples were collected from natural and artificial substrates (settling plates, marina floats and wrecks) at ten inshore locations in the Netherlands, seven offsh ...
- PubMed Central: