Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: bosch?
- Boschi, Vanessa L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.712 pp. 135380
- agricultural land; antibiotic resistance; base flow; biosolids; databases; open space; runoff; septic systems; sewage; storms; streams; subwatersheds; surface water; triclosan; wastewater; wastewater treatment; waterways; Pennsylvania
- ... Triclosan (TCS), an emerging contaminant linked to antimicrobial resistance, has been the focus of many surface water studies to date. However, these initial studies have predominantly used sampling locations downstream of large volume (i.e., >0.5 million gallons per day) wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). This approach overlooks potential inputs from their low volume counterparts as well as non ...
- Boschi, Vanessa, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.646 pp. 1433-1439
- arsenic; cadmium; chromium; copper; drinking water; filtration; hydroxides; ionic strength; lead; models; oxides; pH; remediation; sorbents; sorption; toxicity; zinc
- ... Toxic metals in the environment are often remediated using sorption techniques, particularly in aquatic and drinking water systems. However, a review of over 30 published sorption studies in the past two years alone revealed that the use of filtration to separate sorbed from unsorbed metals do not take into account metal hydroxide and oxide formation, and thus likely produce erroneous results. We ...