Jump to Main Content
- Botha, Greg A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Quaternary international 2020
- altitude; anthropogenic activities; cold; highlands; hills; paleoecology; pollen; temperature; wetlands; Lesotho; South Africa
- ... Ntsikeni wetland is one of the largest high-altitude wetlands in southern Africa (∼1795 m asl) located in the Swartberg area of the foothills of the Maloti-Drakensberg, southern Africa. The site has been designated a Ramsar Wetland of International Importance which, with limited anthropogenic influence, renders it ideal for palaeoenvironmental investigation. This study presents a pollen-derived pa ...
- Botha, Greg A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 112-127
- Holocene epoch; coasts; estuaries; indicator species; lakes; littoral zone; luminescence; radiocarbon dating; sea level; shorelines; wetlands; wind; Saint Lucia; South Africa
- ... Sets of sandy beach ridges and intervening swales define shoreline sections of the shallow St Lucia wetland system within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, World Heritage Site in northern KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa. The sets comprise 3–10 beach ridges, the most prominent being 80–150 m wide and rising 0.5–2 m above the adjacent swales. The highest beach ridge crests elevated 3.2–4.6 m above ...