Jump to Main Content
- Boujhmehrani, H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Pesticide biochemistry and physiology 2010 v.97 no.3 pp. 243-248
- Food and Agriculture Organization; Rhipicephalus bursa; cypermethrin; diseases and disorders (animals and humans); glutathione transferase; insecticide resistance; monitoring; pyrethrins; resistance management; tick control; ticks; Iran
- ... Rhipicephalus bursa is one of the most common hard tick species in Iran. It is a vector of animal and human diseases. Tick control strategies in Iran rely heavily on pyrethroid insecticide use. Hence, susceptibility status of multiple field collected populations to λ-cyhalothrin and cypermethrin was investigated using the FAO recommended larval packet test. Resistance ratios at the LC99 of field p ...
- Boujhmehrani, H., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2009 v.162 no.1-2 pp. 135-141
- ticks; dose response; Rhipicephalus bursa; dosage; acaricide resistance; pest control; lethal concentration 50; larvae; propetamphos; resistance management; defense mechanisms; Iran
- ... Hard tick infestation is an important problem in both traditional and industrial animal husbandry as well as in veterinary and public health. Several acaricides have been used to control tick infestation in Iran. Poor control has been attributed to acaricide resistance in tick populations although this has not been demonstrated experimentally. In this study, susceptibility status to propetamphos ( ...