Jump to Main Content
- Bounaadja, Lotfi, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biochimie 2017 v.142 pp. 216-225
- amino acids; aminopeptidases; brain; humans; inflammation; intraperitoneal injection; kidneys; liver; molecular models; neoplasms; rats; screening; swine; zinc
- ... Neutral metallo-aminopeptidase (APN) catalyzes the cleavage of neutral and basic amino acids from the N-terminus of protein or peptide substrates. APN expression is dysregulated in inflammatory diseases as well as in several types of cancer. Therefore, inhibitors of APN may be effective against cancer and inflammation. By virtual screening and enzymatic assays, we identified three non-competitive ...
- Bounaadja, Lotfi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.163 pp. 149-156
- Escherichia coli; Plasmodium falciparum; antibodies; antigens; children; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; erythrocytes; genes; immune response; immunoglobulin G; malaria; merozoites; peptides; vaccines; Gabon; Kenya
- ... Pf113 is a P. falciparum putatively GPI-anchored protein that has been so far localized at the surface of merozoites, suggesting it could interact with RBC surface during merozoite invasion. Previous studies conducted in Papua New Guinea and in Kenya have revealed that this protein is recognized by natural antibodies in individuals living in malaria-endemic areas and is associated with protective ...
- Bounaadja, Lotfi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2009 v.137 no.1-2 pp. 156-164
- zoonoses; Brucella; brucellosis; disease detection; disease diagnosis; polymerase chain reaction; new methods; rapid methods; DNA probes; genes; transposons; ligases; molecular epidemiology; pathogen identification; validity; accuracy; phylogeny; molecular genetics
- ... Culture is considered as the reference standard assay for diagnosis of Brucella spp. in humans and animals but it is time-consuming and hazardous. In this study, we evaluated the performances of newly designed real-time PCR assays using TaqMan® probes and targeting the 3 following specific genes: (i) the insertion sequence IS711, (ii) bcsp31 and (iii) per genes for the detection of Brucella at gen ...