Jump to Main Content
- Bouvier, Ioana, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forest policy and economics 2017 v.85 pp. 32-45
- United States Agency for International Development; accountability; data collection; deforestation; econometrics; emissions; forest management; forest resources; forests; governance; households; issues and policy; land tenure; meta-analysis; statistics; surveys; sustainable forestry; villages; Zambia
- ... Although the global literature suggests stronger forest tenure is associated with better forest condition, several recent meta-analyses of this relationship have found inconclusive results. There are numerous factors influencing these mixed econometric results, including selection biases and inconsistent definitions or methods, and the global literature is limited to selected geographies. This pap ...
- Bouvier, Ioana, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Ecosystem Health and Sustainability 2016 v.2 no.3
- climate; climate change; drought; ecosystem services; environmental health; information exchange; knowledge; management information systems; mineralogy; nutrient content; organic matter; primary productivity; soil properties; topography
- ... Massive investments in climate change mitigation and adaptation are projected during coming decades. Many of these investments will seek to modify how land is managed. The return on both types of investments can be increased through an understanding of land potential: the potential of the land to support primary production and ecosystem services, and its resilience. A Land‐Potential Knowledge Syst ...