Jump to Main Content
- Bouzid, Ourdia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- New biotechnology 2017 v.37 pp. 162-171
- Podospora anserina; cell walls; cottonseed hulls; enzymes; feedstocks; fungi; hydrolysis; lignocellulose; pectins; phytomass; polymers; proteomics; reducing sugars; saccharification; soybean hulls; wheat straw; xylan
- ... The coprophilic ascomycete fungus Podospora anserina was cultivated on three different plant biomasses, i.e. cotton seed hulls (CSH), soybean hulls (SBH) and acid-pretreated wheat straw (WS) for four days, and the potential of the produced enzyme mixtures was compared in the enzymatic saccharification of the corresponding lignocellulose feedstocks. The enzyme cocktail P. anserina produced after th ...
- Bouzid, Ourdia, et al. Show all 27 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 107
- Aspergillus; biofuels; biotechnology; carbon; depolymerization; enzymatic treatment; enzymes; fabrics; feedstocks; fuel production; fungi; genes; industrial applications; phytomass; polysaccharides; saccharification; sugar beet pulp; transcription factors; wheat bran
- ... BACKGROUND: Plant biomass is the major substrate for the production of biofuels and biochemicals, as well as food, textiles and other products. It is also the major carbon source for many fungi and enzymes of these fungi are essential for the depolymerization of plant polysaccharides in industrial processes. This is a highly complex process that involves a large number of extracellular enzymes as ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bouzid, Ourdia, et al. Show all 53 Authors
- The new phytologist 2012 v.194 no.4 pp. 1001-1013
- Heterobasidion annosum; Pinus; biogeochemical cycles; carbohydrates; decayed wood; enzymes; esophagus; forest ecosystems; forests; fungi; genes; hosts; oxidative stress; parasitism; pathogenicity; pathogens; quantitative trait loci; secondary metabolites; transposons
- ... • Parasitism and saprotrophic wood decay are two fungal strategies fundamental for succession and nutrient cycling in forest ecosystems. An opportunity to assess the trade‐off between these strategies is provided by the forest pathogen and wood decayer Heterobasidion annosum sensu lato. • We report the annotated genome sequence and transcript profiling, as well as the quantitative trait loci mappi ...