Jump to Main Content
- Bovcon, Nelson, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fisheries research 2019 v.218 pp. 105-111
- Lithodes santolla; coasts; egg production; eggs; fecundity; fisheries; fisheries management; issues and policy; males; traditional technology; Argentina
- ... The southern king crab (SKC) Lithodes santolla has supported a profitable fishery in the San Jorge Gulf (SJG) and adjacent area, Argentina, since 2004. This fishery allows landings only of males larger than 110 mm carapace length. Since large-male-only harvests have had a detrimental effect on the egg production of other king crab populations, here, we compared the SKC fecundity before the start o ...
- Bovcon, Nelson, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ocean & coastal management 2017 v.136 pp. 177-184
- Lithodes santolla; bycatch; coastal water; eggs; females; juveniles; males; molting; mortality; sex ratio; shrimp; shrimp fisheries; Argentina; Atlantic Ocean
- ... The Southern King Crab (SKC), Lithodes santolla, has supported a growing fishery in San Jorge Gulf (Patagonia, Argentina) since 2011. This fishery is developed by vessels called crabbers. SKC is also caught as bycatch in the Patagonian shrimp fishery, a major crustacean fishery in the Southwestern Atlantic Ocean. In this work, we characterized SKC bycatch in shrimp fishery and compared 1994–1996 d ...