Jump to Main Content
- Bozynski, Chantelle C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2019 v.80 no.2 pp. 152-158
- adults; blood; body weight; cranial cruciate ligament; dogs; histology; juveniles; models; stifle; synovitis
- ... OBJECTIVE: To assess the relationship between histologic degeneration of cranial cruciate ligaments (CCLs) and severity of synovitis and ligament vascularity. SAMPLE: CCL and synovium from 59 stifle joints (53 dogs). PROCEDURES: CCL and synovium specimens were obtained from stifle joints of juvenile (15 joints; 12 dogs) and adult (25 joints; 22 dogs) dogs with intact CCLs and dogs with CCL rupture ...
- Bozynski, Chantelle C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- liver; copper; goats; risk assessment; hemoglobinuria; chronic diseases; dietary exposure; disease resistance; hemolysis; nephrosis; toxicity testing; case studies; kidneys; poisoning; adults; disease diagnosis
- ... Acute and, particularly, chronic copper exposures, along with defects in hepatic copper metabolism, altered excretion of copper, and/or nutritional imbalances between copper and other trace elements, can lead to hepatic accumulation of copper and primary copper toxicosis. There is interspecies variation in susceptibility to copper toxicosis, with sheep being the species most likely to develop this ...