Jump to Main Content
- Brannum, Jacob, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.5 pp. 2720-2730
- N-nitrosodimethylamine; activated carbon; byproducts; dioxane; disinfection; filtration; haloacetic acids; hydroxyl radicals; membrane bioreactors; ozonation; ozone; reverse osmosis; wastewater; water reuse
- ... Ozonation followed by biologically active filtration (BAF) (O₃–BAF) treatment has become an alternative to reverse osmosis in potable wastewater reuse applications because of the ability to produce a high-quality effluent while reducing brine production and disposal. In this study, effluent from a sequencing batch membrane bioreactor (SBMBR) was treated by O₃–BAF at three specific ozone doses (0.5 ...
- Brannum, Jacob, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Algal research 2018 v.36 pp. 152-158
- Bacillariophyceae; Nannochloropsis; Oomycetes; Phaeophyceae; Rhodophyta; algae; animals; carbon sequestration; gel chromatography; genes; glucose 6-phosphate; glycogen; glycosidases; lipid content; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oligosaccharides; phylogeny; plants (botany); starch; symbiosis; transferases
- ... As a result of a secondary endosymbiosis of a red alga, stramenopiles retained β-1,3 glucans as the primary soluble storage carbohydrate, in contrast to the starch and glycogen of green plants and animals. This storage carbohydrate has been identified and characterized in representative diatoms, brown algae, and oomycetes, but has not been biochemically characterized in species of Nannochloropsis, ...