Jump to Main Content
- Brasil, Elenice Martins, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.506 pp. 205-211
- Mentha piperita; Oreochromis niloticus; Streptococcus agalactiae; alcohols; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antioxidants; diet; disease control; drug therapy; essential oils; fish; fish farms; hematologic tests; mortality; tanks
- ... Essential oils are obtained from vegetal material and present antibacterial activities, antioxidant, antiviral, antifungal properties and may replace the use of chemotherapeutics for treating and prophylaxis in fish farm. The objective of this study was to verify the influence of essential oil of Mentha piperita in the prevention of Streptococcus in Nile tilapia. A total of 300 fish with approxima ...
- Brasil, Elenice Martins, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2016 v.462 pp. 40-46
- Bixa orellana; Colossoma macropomum; Monogenea; acetone; anthelmintics; blood platelets; cortisol; farming systems; fish; fish health; gills; glucose; health status; hematocrit; hemoglobin; human health; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; juveniles; leukocyte count; lymphocytes; models; parasites; parasitism; phytotherapy; seed extracts; seeds; toxicity testing
- ... This study evaluated the use of therapeutic baths with acetone extract of Bixa orellana seeds on the hematological, biochemical and hormonal parameters and plasma cortisol levels of tambaqui (Colossoma macropomum) parasitized by the monogenean Anacanthorus spathulatus. The extract showed in vitro anthelmintic activity against the parasites, and the fish tolerated the concentrations used in the tox ...