Jump to Main Content
- Braun, Frédérique, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular cell 2019 v.74 no.6 pp. 1227-1238.e3
- Bacillus subtilis; guanosine triphosphate; messenger RNA; models; protein subunits; ribosomal RNA; ribosomal proteins; stress response; transfer RNA; translation (genetics)
- ... rRNAs and tRNAs universally require processing from longer primary transcripts to become functional for translation. Here, we describe an unsuspected link between tRNA maturation and the 3′ processing of 16S rRNA, a key step in preparing the small ribosomal subunit for interaction with the Shine-Dalgarno sequence in prokaryotic translation initiation. We show that an accumulation of either 5′ or 3 ...
- Braun, Frédérique, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2008 v.36 no.10 pp. 3332-3340
- Escherichia coli; Firmicutes; binding sites; genome; models; nucleic acids; open reading frames; prediction; statistical analysis; transcription (genetics)
- ... This article compares 32 bacterial genomes with respect to their high transcription potentialities. The σ70 promoter has been widely studied for Escherichia coli model and a consensus is known. Since transcriptional regulations are known to compensate for promoter weakness (i.e. when the promoter similarity with regard to the consensus is rather low), predicting functional promoters is a hard task ...
- PubMed Central: