Jump to Main Content
- Breznik, Borut, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.666 pp. 786-800
- accidents; air; automation; decision making; emissions; models; nuclear power; power plants; prediction; radionuclides; risk; Slovenia
- ... The accidents in Chernobyl and Fukushima remind us that nuclear power plants should continuously invest resources in improving safety and in risk management.This paper presents the methodology for developing a measuring and modelling system with a high degree of automation, which enables predicting the effects of the spreading of radionuclides from the nuclear power plant to the atmosphere. The en ...
- Breznik, Borut, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental radioactivity 2016 v.162-163 pp. 56-67
- compliance; detection limit; drinking water; groundwater; monitoring; nuclear power; power plants; radioactivity; rivers; tritium; wells; Croatia; Danube River; Hungary; Serbia; Slovenia
- ... Two nuclear power plants (NPP), the KrškoNPP (Slovenia) on the Sava River and the Paks NPP (Hungary) on the Danube River, are located in the immediate vicinity of Croatia and Serbia. Some of the radioactivity monitoring around the NPPs involves measuring tritium activity in the waters of rivers and wells. The authors present the tritium measurement results taken over several years from the Sava an ...