Jump to Main Content
- Brindha, Pemiah, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food bioscience 2015 v.11 pp. 85-91
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; absorption; acid hydrolysis; alkali treatment; alkaline hydrolysis; antioxidant activity; ethanol; free radicals; grinding; hydrogen peroxide; hydrolysates; rice hulls; solvents
- ... In the present study, the extracts were prepared from rice hulls using solvent, acid and alkali hydrolysis treatments and their in vitro antioxidant potential was evaluated. Among various solvent extraction methods used to recover the polyphenolic extract, grinding in morter and pestle with 75% ethanol yielded maximum total phenolic concentration (240.14mg FAE/L). Between acid and alkali treatment ...
- Brindha, Pemiah, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2017 v.197 pp. 294-305
- Ayurvedic medicine; Caesalpinia sappan; Pitta; Western blotting; adenosinetriphosphatase; albino; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; body weight; burning; cytotoxicity; diabetes; enzyme inhibition; ethanol; heartwood; histopathology; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; ingredients; laboratory animals; leprosy; models; neutralization; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; plant extracts; potassium; protons; pylorus; rats; skin diseases; stomach ulcers
- ... Pattanga is botanically equated as Caesalpinia sappan Linn. (Family: Caesalpiniaceae) and is used in Ayurveda system of medicine since ages. According to Ayurveda, useful part is Heartwood, which is bitter, astringent and acrid and is useful in vitiated conditions of vata and pitta, burning sensation, wounds, ulcers, leprosy, skin diseases, menorrhagia, leucorrhea, and diabetes. It is used as a ma ...