Jump to Main Content
- Broe, Michael, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Toxicon 2015 v.108 pp. 184-188
- Anthozoa; genes; transcriptome; venoms
- ... Using a partial transcriptome of the snakelocks anemone (Anemonia sulcata) we identify toxin gene candidates that were incorrectly assembled into several Trinity components. Our approach recovers hidden diversity found within some toxin gene families that would otherwise go undetected when using Trinity, a widely used program for venom-focused transcriptome reconstructions. Unidentified hidden tra ...
- Broe, Michael B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.216 no.1 pp. 254-266
- Ericaceae; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; cryptic speciation; essential genes; gene deletion; intraspecific variation; mycorrhizal fungi; open reading frames; phylogeny; proteinases; ribosomal proteins; symbiosis
- ... Ericaceae (the heather family) is a large and diverse group of plants that forms elaborate symbiotic relationships with mycorrhizal fungi, and includes several nonphotosynthetic lineages. Using an extensive sample of fully mycoheterotrophic (MH) species, we explored inter‐ and intraspecific variation as well as selective constraints acting on the plastomes of these unusual plants. The plastomes of ...