Jump to Main Content
- Brown, Elliot John, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Ecography 2020 v.43 no.4 pp. 494-505
- analytical methods; fish; fisheries; fisheries law; habitats; surveys; Europe
- ... Changes in fish distribution are being observed across the globe. In Europe's Common Fisheries Policy, the share of the catch of each fish stock is split among management areas using a fixed allocation key known as ‘Relative Stability’: in each management area, member states get the same proportion of the total catch each year. That proportion is largely based on catches made by those member state ...
- Brown, Elliot John, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fisheries research 2018 v.208 pp. 86-96
- Platichthys flesus; citizen scientists; coastal water; data collection; ecosystems; fisheries; fishermen; flounder; fyke nets; gears; gillnets; harvesting; monitoring; protocols; spatial data; time series analysis; Denmark
- ... In response to repeated complaints from recreational and commercial coastal fishermen about declining fishing opportunities in inner Danish waters, focus was directed to inshore fish stocks. However, without data targeting inshore areas, it was not possible to investigate potential changes in fish distribution or abundances, or their causes. As a first step, a voluntary catch registration system w ...