Jump to Main Content
- Bruce, Cristin L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.1 pp. 58-66
- aerobic conditions; groundwater contamination; xylene; bioremediation; microorganisms; pollutants; water treatment; gasoline; toluene; benzene; oxygen; environmental monitoring
- ... A paradigm for the design, monitoring, and optimization of in situ methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) aerobic biobarriers is presented. In this technology, an oxygen-rich biologically reactive treatment zone (the "biobarrier") is established in situ and downgradient of the source of dissolved MTBE contamination in groundwater, typically gasoline-impacted soils resulting from leaks and spills at servic ...
- Bruce, Cristin L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.2 pp. 63-72
- spatial variation; biodegradation; aquifers; groundwater contamination; solids; aerobic conditions; remediation; filtration; dissolved oxygen; microorganisms; California
- ... The spatial variation in methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) biodegradation activity of aquifer solids samples collected in the vicinity of a flow-through aerobic biobarrier was assessed through use of standard laboratory microcosms. These were prepared by collecting soil cores at a range of locations and depths along different flow paths through the biobarrier. Sections of core samples were placed in ...