Jump to Main Content
- Brundage, Michael P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.187 pp. 877-892
- Internet; decision making; sustainable manufacturing
- ... Environmental sustainability information in the manufacturing industry is not easily shared between stages in the product lifecycle. In particular, reliable manufacturing-related information for assessing the sustainability of a product is often unavailable at the design stage. Instead, designers rely on aggregated, often outdated information or make decisions by analogy (e.g., a similar manufactu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Brundage, Michael P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2015 v.93 pp. 1426-1435
- case studies; control methods; energy; energy costs; equipment; manufacturing; profits and margins; quantitative analysis
- ... Manufacturers lack the economic tools to properly perform maintenance procedures to increase manufacturing reliability while reducing system energy consumption. A return on investment strategy is developed to provide plant managers with a quantitative method to optimize the maintenance actions that lead to the largest return on investment. Over the long term, this energy economic analysis results ...