Jump to Main Content
- Brunel-Michac, Nicole, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Annals of botany 2018 v.121 no.6 pp. 1151-1161
- Gymnospermae; Populus; compression strength; genes; growth and development; stems; tensile strength; tension wood; trees; wind; wood
- ... Trees constantly experience wind, perceive resulting mechanical cues, and modify their growth and development accordingly. Previous studies have demonstrated that multiple bending treatments trigger ovalization of the stem and the formation of flexure wood in gymnosperms, but ovalization and flexure wood have rarely been studied in angiosperms, and none of the experiments conducted so far has used ...
- PubMed Central:
- Brunel-michac, Nicole, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 25-37
- Populus deltoides; aquaporins; climate change; drought; ecophysiology; embolism; enzymes; hydraulic conductivity; in situ hybridization; leaves; micro-computed tomography; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; stomatal conductance; trees; water content; water stress; xylem
- ... Leaf hydraulic conductance (Kleaf) and capacitance (Cleaf) are among the key parameters in plant-water regulation. Understanding the responses of these hydraulic traits to drought conditions remains a challenge for describing comprehensive plant-water relationships. The ability of an organism to resist and/or tolerate embolism events, which may occur at high negative pressure caused by hydric stre ...
- Brunel-Michac, Nicole, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2016 v.91 no.4-5 pp. 375-396
- Hevea brasiliensis; Spinacia oleracea; aquaporins; bark; bioinformatics; carbon; ethylene; genes; glycerol; homeostasis; hydrophobicity; latex; leaves; metabolism; phylogeny; physiological response; solutes; transcription (genetics); tree tapping; xylem
- ... X-Intrinsic Proteins (XIP) were recently identified in a narrow range of plants as a full clade within the aquaporins. These channels reportedly facilitate the transport of a wide range of hydrophobic solutes. The functional roles of XIP in planta remain poorly identified. In this study, we found three XIP genes (HbXIP1;1, HbXIP2;1 and HbXIP3;1) in the Hevea brasiliensis genome. Comprehensive bioi ...