Jump to Main Content
- Bryszewska, Malgorzata A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.3
- Duroc; Large White; anemia; bioavailability; breads; divalent metals; erythrocytes; ferritin; ferrous sulfate; fortified foods; gene expression; growth performance; heart; hematocrit; hemoglobin; hepcidin; hybrids; intestinal mucosa; iron; landraces; liver; metabolome; microencapsulation; models; piglets
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of oral iron supplementation, in the form of fortified breads, on the growth performance, health, iron status parameters, and fecal metabolome of anemic piglets. A study was conducted on 24 hybrid (Large White × Landrace × Duroc) piglets. From day 44, the post-natal 12 piglets were supplemented with 100 g of one of two experimental breads, eac ...
- Bryszewska, Malgorzata A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2007 v.62 no.3 pp. 121-126
- blood plasma; diet; females; glutathione peroxidase; rye; selenium; selenomethionine; sourdough bread; volunteers; wheat
- ... The potential of selenium-enriched rye/wheat sourdough bread as a route for supplementing dietary selenium intakes is reported. In addition to their normal diets, 24 female volunteers (24 to 25 years old) were fed either selenium-enriched bread or non-enriched bread each day (68.02 and 0.84 μg selenium day-¹ respectively) for 4 weeks. The chemical form of the selenium in the bread had been charact ...