Jump to Main Content
- Brzozowska, Agnieszka, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2019 v.206 pp. 105-113
- Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii; Cyprinus carpio; DNA fragmentation; Raphidiopsis; acetylcholinesterase; adverse effects; brain; caspase-3; catalase; cyanobacterial toxins; enzyme activity; erythrocytes; freshwater fish; glutathione; glutathione transferase; hepatocytes; lipid peroxidation; mammals; metallothionein; models; neurotoxicity; reactive oxygen species; risk; thiols; Poland; Ukraine
- ... As yet European strains of Raphidiopsis raciborskii (previously Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii) have not been found to produce known cyanotoxins although their extracts have caused adverse effects in mammals, as shown using in vitro and in vivo experimental models. The present study investigated whether R. raciborskii isolated from Western Poland and Ukraine can affect fish cells using in vitro ex ...
- Brzozowska, Agnieszka, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2010 v.143 no.1 pp. 8-13
- cattle; cattle diseases; viral diseases of animals and humans; Bovine herpesvirus 1; cell invasion; cytoskeleton; biochemical pathways; microbial genetics; genes; viral proteins; kinases; molecular cloning; genetic recombination; Baculoviridae; point mutation; inhibitors; virulence; pathogenesis; virology; confocal scanning laser microscopy
- ... The Us3 gene is conserved among alphaherpesviruses and codes for a protein kinase, a multifunctional protein involved in many phases of virus infection, like nuclear egress, modulation of apoptosis and modification of the cellular cytoskeleton. Bovine herpesvirus (BHV-1), a member of the Alphaherpesvirinae, contains an open reading frame homologous to Us3 of other herpesviruses, which has been ide ...