Jump to Main Content
- Bu, Rongwei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.209 pp. 1319-1331
- carbon monoxide; convection; disasters; fire extinguishers; fire fighting; fire suppression; human resources; mists; mixing; oxygen; smoke; systems engineering; temperature
- ... Fire disasters occurring in the ventilated places often feature the harmless and pollution-free fire extinguishing methods, one of which is water mist. However, the application of water mist system in the forced-ventilated places is still a controversial issue. The main objective of this study is to present a systematic experimental investigation on water mist suppression performance in the mechan ...
- Bu, Rongwei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.182 pp. 682-693
- carbon monoxide; fire suppression; fires; gasoline; heat transfer; human resources; mists; oxygen; ozone depletion; smoke; temperature
- ... As the succedaneum of halon extinguishing agent, water mist is absolutely green, harmless, and sustainable which does not cause the ozone depletion. In order to investigate the fire extinguishment performance of water mist system with both continuous and cycling discharge modes, a series of full-scale pool fire suppression experiments (including gasoline and diesel) with the two discharge modes we ...