Jump to Main Content
- Buayi, Xiemuguli, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.301 pp. 92-99
- EDTA (chelating agent); adsorption; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biomass; calcium; copper; desorption; granules; heavy metals; long term effects; metabolism; monitoring; nitrogen; washing
- ... We investigated the feasibility of using ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA) washing followed by Ca²⁺ enhancement for the recovery of anammox reactors inhibited by Cu(II). Kinetic experiments and batch activity assays were employed to determine the optimal concentration of EDTA and washing time; and the performance and physiological dynamics were tracked by continuous-flow monitoring to evalu ...
- Buayi, Xiemuguli, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2015 v.300 pp. 838-846
- EDTA (chelating agent); anaerobic ammonium oxidation; copper; fluorescence; granules; long term effects; monitoring; remediation; sludge; washing
- ... In this study, the behavior, distribution and form dynamics of overloaded Cu(II) in anaerobic ammonium oxidation (anammox) granular sludge reactors were investigated. The performance and physiological characteristics were tracked by continuous-flow monitoring to evaluate the long-term effects. High Cu loading (0.24gL−1d−1) exceeded sludge bearing capacity, and precipitation dominated the removal p ...