Jump to Main Content
- Bucci, Giovanna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.36 pp. 19422-19430
- batteries; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolytes; energy; kinematics; microstructure; models; modulus of elasticity; quantitative analysis
- ... This is the first quantitative analysis of mechanical reliability of all-solid state batteries. Mechanical degradation of the solid electrolyte (SE) is caused by intercalation-induced expansion of the electrode particles, within the constrains of a dense microstructure. A coupled electro-chemo-mechanical model was implemented to quantify the material properties that cause an SE to fracture. The tr ...
- Bucci, Giovanna, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Cell 2016 v.164 pp. 937-949
- electric field; ions; potassium; potassium channels
- ... Two-pore domain (K2P) K+ channels are major regulators of excitability that endow cells with an outwardly rectifying background “leak” conductance. In some K2P channels, strong voltage-dependent activation has been observed, but the mechanism remains unresolved because they lack a canonical voltage-sensing domain. Here, we show voltage-dependent gating is common to most K2P channels and that this ...
- PubMed Central: