Jump to Main Content
- Buijse, Marten, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.575 pp. 166-175
- alkanes; butanol; carbon; deuterium oxide; droplets; emulsions; models; neutron diffraction; olefin; salt content; sulfonates; surfactants
- ... Microemulsion systems consisting of D2O, an alkane, an anionic internal olefin sulfonate surfactant, salt and secondary butyl alcohol (SBA) as co-solvent are studied in a systematic way. In four different sample sets, either the salt content, SBA content or alkane carbon number was varied in order to study the effects of the individual compounds on the structure sizes making up the microemulsion. ...
- Buijse, Marten, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.7 pp. 2136-2151
- models; oils; prediction; salinity; sodium; sodium dodecyl sulfate; sulfonates; surface interactions; surface tension; surfactants; temperature; torque
- ... We discuss the application of Helfrich’s surface torque density concept to microemulsion design and analysis from three different angles: (i) from the point of view of coarse-grained molecular simulations, using Dissipative Particle Dynamics, including charge interactions and added salt, (ii) using an approximate double-film model for the surface, and (iii) comparison with formulation approaches. ...