Jump to Main Content
- Burghardt, Diana, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Hydrogeology journal 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 423-433
- aquifers; deuterium; deuterium oxide; electrical conductivity; groundwater; ion exchange; isotope labeling; oxygen; porous media; snowmelt; sodium chloride; stable isotopes; water flow
- ... The use of snowmelt as an inexpensive multi-component tracer solution for active aquifer characterization is investigated, creating a valid alternative to existing artificial water isotope labelling using enriched deuterium oxide (²H₂O) and water-¹⁸O (H₂¹⁸O). The approach directly takes advantage of natural differences between groundwater and precipitation. It is shown, at laboratory-scale and sma ...
- Burghardt, Diana, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2019 pp. 123982
- electrical conductivity; groundwater; hydrogeochemistry; ion exchange; laboratory experimentation; migratory behavior; models; porous media; rain; sediments; snowmelt; stable isotopes; tracer techniques; uncertainty
- ... In this study the suitability of precipitation waters as semi-artificial and multi-component groundwater tracers is investigated and potential applications as well as limitations are discussed. Specifically, we analyzed their migration behavior during laboratory-scale experiments with groundwater-saturated porous media. Artificially 2H- and 18O-labelled water as well as natural precipitation water ...
- Burghardt, Diana, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2009 v.84 no.5 pp. 987-1001
- Methanoculleus; ammonia; bacteria; biogas; carbon dioxide; energy; fatty acid composition; genes; habitats; hydrogen; mash; pH; ribosomal RNA; volatile fatty acids
- ... A continuously operated, thermophilic, municipal biogas plant was observed over 26 months (sampling twice per month) in regard to a number of physicochemical parameters and the biogas production. Biogas yields were put in correlation to parameters such as the volatile fatty acid concentration, the pH and the ammonium concentration. When the residing microbiota was classified via analysis of the 16 ...