Jump to Main Content
- Buscaroli, Enrico, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of soils and sediments 2019 v.19 no.7 pp. 3098-3107
- aggregate stability; bioavailability; calcium; calcium chloride; carbonates; clay; clay fraction; copper; dredging; flocculation; freshwater; ions; pH; pollution; sediments; toxic substances; washing; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Canal dredging and shaping produce considerable amounts of sediments whose reuse on- and off-site depends on their pollution level. This study explores the potential of a calcium chloride washing to remove potentially toxic elements (PTEs) from a freshly dredged calcareous sediment and to affect the aggregate stability of the washed sediment. MATERIALS AND METHODS: The ability of 0.5-M Ca ...
- Buscaroli, Enrico, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.8 pp. 1471-1484
- food industry; hydrocarbons; mineral oil; packaging; paper; paper pulp; paperboard; papermaking; pigments; porous media; recycled paper; silica; solvents; sorbents; washing; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The occurrence of mineral oil hydrocarbons (MOH) in cellulose-based packaging is mainly due to the offset printing process where MOH are used as a ink pigments’ solvent. The MOH migration from paper/paperboard to food is matter of concern for EFSA, members state authorities, consumers, and food industry. In this study, the feasibility to stabilize MOH by adding a sorbent into recycled paper obtain ...