Jump to Main Content
- Buscheck, Timothy E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2017
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); benzene; biodegradation; carbon; ethylbenzene; gas chromatography; gases; groundwater; isotopes; mass spectrometry; petroleum; spectrometers; toluene; xylene
- ... Compound-specific isotope analysis (CSIA) is increasingly used to evaluate the origin and fate of petroleum hydrocarbons in the environment. However, as samples often contain a complex mixture of compounds and the method requires a full chromatographic separation, it can be challenging to obtain accurate and precise isotope values. In this study, in order to to develop a method to analyze carbon i ...
- Buscheck, Timothy
E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.21 pp. 12342-12350
- Dehalococcoides mccartyi; Desulfovibrio vulgaris; Syntrophomonas wolfei; bioremediation; carbon; coculture; dechlorination; groundwater; isotope fractionation; microbial communities; nitrogen; stable isotopes; temperature; vinyl chloride; vitamin B12
- ... To quantify in situ bioremediation using compound specific isotope analysis (CSIA), isotope fractionation data obtained from the field is interpreted according to laboratory-derived enrichment factors. Although previous studies that have quantified dynamic isotopic shifts during the reductive dechlorination of trichloroethene (TCE) indicate that fractionation factors can be highly variable from cu ...