Jump to Main Content
- Bussamra, Bianca Consorti, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 37-50
- biomass; biorefining; enzymatic reactions; enzymes; partition coefficients; physical phases; polymers; robots; solutes; sugars
- ... Aqueous two-phase systems (ATPS) can be applied to enzymatic reactions that are affected by product inhibition. In the biorefinery context, sugars inhibit the cellulolytic enzymes in charge of converting the biomass. Here, we present a strategy to select an ATPS (formed by polymer and salt) that can separate sugar and enzymes. This automated and miniaturized method is able to determine phase diagr ...
- Bussamra, Bianca Consorti, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.187 pp. 173-181
- Escherichia coli; Trichoderma reesei; beta-glucosidase; biomass; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; hydrolysis; saccharification; statistical analysis; sugarcane bagasse; synergism
- ... The aim of this work was to study cocktail supplementation for sugar cane bagasse hydrolysis, where the enzymes were provided from both commercial source and microorganism cultivation (Trichoderma reesei and genetically modified Escherichia coli), followed by purification. Experimental simplex lattice mixture design was performed to optimize the enzymatic proportion. The response was evaluated thr ...